Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year And A New View....

Happy New Years everyone!

I hope everyone had a safe and fantastic New Year's Eve! This will be a short entry...just a little "thank you" and some insight into what will be coming down the road (or I should say "trail") in 2013.

The last few months of 2012 have been wonderful and I cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store. As always, I hope you all continue to follow here and share in all my adventures. If you ever want to join me...just let me know ;)

Anyway, my trail running season will kick off this month and hopefully go strong into summer, when I will be heading out West for a couple of weeks to run in Colorado. I am beyond excited and will probably start purchasing sun screen now so that I have enough when the time comes. I hope to make 2013 more of a trail running year than a trail running/road training year...but we will see how that goes. I have found a new set of trails to start running this weekend, so it should get interesting.

2013 will also be the year I start exploring other training options for when I am not on the trails. Yoga, bouldering, cycling and skiing are all on my list and I can hardly wait to start. I have also fallen in love with snow shoe running. Yup...running...in snow shoes....if you have never heard of this just google it and tell me you would NOT want to do that. I can picture myself now taking off across the park in my new snazzy snow shoes. This may have to become a reality. It would be awesome. It would have to be an awesome leg workout. Anyone want to form a team or something?

In other news, I am still getting used to all the views that are generated each day on this blog and realize that I may have made a few mistakes along the way in 2012 with concern to it. After the "Summits of My Life" entry, this blog blew up. Most of the new viewership was European, something I was not familiar with at all when it came to readership. I think in the last two weeks I have rejected more FB friend requests and emails then ever before from people I did not know. I literally locked everything down tight and tried to hide until the wave was over.  Now that I think about it, I think only 3 people from that whole thing made it onto my site...and even when they did I "amped" up my privacy settings to limit what could be seen. I thought this was O.K. to do.

I was talking about this with a close friend the other night and she looked at me and said "why would you do that?" Of course I was like "do what?" It was then I realized what I did. Some of those people wanted to see what I was about a little more, or wanted to keep up with the blogs, or just tell me they enjoyed it. Instead of being welcoming to that, I got intimidated and rejected them. If you are still reading this, I apologize. I did not realize that while I was trying to share something special to me, I was also excluding people who actually have the same love of trail running as I do.

So....give it a try again if you would like. And keep sending me messages or emails. Don't worry about the language barrier.....just write like you would and I will figure out the rest. Google and Bing Translate have been "very very good to me" for the past few weeks. Even if you profile picture shows you running next to Timothy Olson...I will suck it up and let you in...praying that you don't laugh and make fun of me along the way ;)

Oh...and one last thing. I am going to try to be a little more "transparent" in 2013. Someone mentioned "I love you blog....but you never have any pictures of YOU". Good point. I don't....as I am terrified of the camera. I love taking pictures....hate being the subject. Now that I think about it...that really won't work on a blog about a dream that I have. Pictures of running and runners show so much emotion. Just from the facial expressions and eyes you can tell exactly what a person is feeling at any part of a run...before...during or after. I think that is important to share, as I am sure there will be plenty of ups and downs this year.

So...here I am. I am letting down a guard. I will do my best in 2013 to include more of "me" in the adventures so that you can see the "woman behind the words". It is my promise to you. Oh..and one other thing...now....I don't get tan in the summer.


Here is me...plain and simple.

And here is me eating toast...because I read somewhere that humans eat a lot of toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment