Saturday, November 24, 2012

Me vs. Me

I hate this struggle. Take tonight for instance...the following is just a little of what I had to deal with while getting my evening run in :)

Mind: What are we doing out here? It is dark...

Me: Shut up

Mind: You know...its 68 degrees in the house...and 30 out here....if we turn around now...

Me: Shut up!

Mind: Your butt cheeks are frozen aren't they?...

Me: *sigh* Yes, I know...

Mind: And you just wiped entirely way too much snot on your gloves...you are going to want to wash those....

It is nights like this that make me want to scream. It was just yesterday that I was on the grass in the  park...running and exploring. I had a great run. I felt good both during and after.  Tonight...dark...cold...hard sidewalk (due to blisters), frozen nose...too much snot...frozen behind...stiff calves....I mean really?! What happened in 24 hours!

I guess that is the great thing about running. You do a little mental checklist to make sure you are not dying and then you suck it up and go on your way. It is "you vs. you"....no one else. The challenge is to keep going even when you can't feel your butt....and that is why I love it so much. I love to see how far I can go....how hard I can push myself.

Tomorrow I hope to either make it to the trails or back on the grass....these damn blisters better heal fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment