Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Grass-nam Style"

Have you ever run in a park after both rain and a cross country championship?

What you get is a style of running that really does look like the dance they do on the Gangnam Style video. To say it was ridiculous would be an understatement, but it was the best field/trail run in a while and I was only forced to pull out one "KJ" style slide down a muddy slope ( BTW my Salomons look soo cool all muddy and "traily".)

It had been a few days since I had been out in my beloved field and I was as happy as could be. The legs felt good....really sore but good. To make the run even better, I found out that my "Track My Run" app's GPS rocks the house, so I was able to do a little more exploring and not really worry about getting lost in the park.

Oh and lost I got! I had to turn around a few times and at one point I found myself standing in the middle of a wooded trail staring at both "caution" tape and trees. I even passed the grave stone of Ruffian way too early in my run, and am pretty sure I scared the living crap out of an older couple walking the trail when I turned around and shouted "f*** me" after realizing that I was totally on the  wrong side of the park and took off running past them again.

Anyway, it may not have been the most organized of trainings, but it was certainly fun. When I got home I felt pretty good and started planning today's 7 miler. Yeah, I don't really take things easy...

To sum it up, today sucked. No...it sucked a$$. We have been getting quite a bit of rain so I decided to stick to the paved trail today. After a few miles in my legs felt like trees. They literally did not want to move. I guess I needed some r-e-s-t :)

So, with that I did what anyone would do. I held a full conversation with a wonderful lady who was walking her 3 rescue grey hounds up the trail. What awesome animals....and boy are they laid back! At this point in my run I had basically classified it as a "stretching the legs" kind of day, and since I was literally skipping like a 5 year old at one point, I had nothing to loose by getting to know someone new. That is another great thing about getting out and running, you literally meet all kinds of people. Everyone on the trail is a member of the same "community" and I am yet to meet anyone who is rude. I think I will start saying "hi" to more people I come across on my runs.

Actually, I have to start saying "hi" to more people since someone told me that they love reading my blog, but that I don't seem as outgoing in person. Truth is, I am very outgoing in person...I promise. There is really nothing quiet about me, but if I don't know you I am not one to just start introducing myself. That is something I am going to have to work on in the new year I guess. The feedback was good....it made me sit down and think for a minute.

Speaking of my blog, I want to give a huge shout out to everyone who is reading it, both in the US and Europe. It is so humbling to see so many views and to see the statistical map light up with all the different countries. To those overseas, I hope Google Translate does not butcher my blog too much. Who knows what it comes off as saying!

Finally, tomorrow I turn the big 3-2. Yup...32. At this point I really don't have any emotional attachment to my age....half the time I still feel like I am 25. Lord knows I hope I still look it. BUT...I did get the most awesome gift ever....a new pair of Salomons to wear when I am not running on the trail. See below. Not as colorful as my Mission XR1s but they are going to be just as loved and beautiful. I cannot wait...I will stalk the UPS man until they get here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment